evalutationsOne of the major functions of the Office of Evaluations is to complete transcript evaluations for all undergraduate students admitted to the University. The office is also responsible for updating evaluations for admitted, and readmitted undergraduate students, as well as the graduation audits for those students who have completed a graduation application.

The Office of Evaluations also provides information to the University Administration, faculty and staff with regards to policy and procedures as prescribed in the University's catalogs.


Things to Ask Your Academic Advisor:

  1. How do I interpret my degree audit?
  2. Which General Education and major courses should I be taking now?
  3. Should I repeat any courses?
  4. What does it mean to be on Academic Probation?
  5. Which courses should I take next in my major?
  6. What else do I need to graduate?

Other FAQS

You can get an update anytime by using CSU-Xpress. You should check your degree progress at least once per semester through CAPP (Curriculum, Advising, and Program Planning). CAPP is an online degree auditing system that enables you to comprehensively track your progress towards your degree.

It helps answer questions like "What will it take for me to graduate? Am I on schedule? What if I were to change my major? These are questions commonly asked by students; questions that CAPP can handle for you.

The staff must complete the evaluations for incoming undergraduate transfer students as well as those undergraduate students who have filed for graduation and require degree audits.

If you are currently enrolled, transferred into CSU, and your transfer credit is not visible on CSU-Xpress, please contact the Evaluations immediately. Please allow our office three weeks to fully enter all transfer credit.

Students should apply for graduation early in their last semester. Deadline dates for the graduation application are posted on the Graduation Application Form. Deadline dates are also printed in the General Information Document. It is recommended that students meet with their Academic Advisor well in advance of the deadlines to insure that any discrepancies be rectified prior to submitting graduation applications to the Office of Evaluation. All applicants will be notified by the Commencement Office regarding participation in the graduation ceremony. for more information on commencement dates and activities.

Diplomas are home shipped approximately twelve weeks after the date of graduation. Students will be notified by email when the diplomas are shipped. Diplomas are shipped to the student's permanent address (U.S.) only; therefore, we urge students to keep their address current through the Office of the Registrar. Diplomas will be held by the Office of the Registrar (ADM 128) for any student that has outstanding financial obligations to the institution. 

Graduate students must contact Graduate School for information regarding graduate diploma distribution. 

You must complete a Major/Minor Change Form. For major changes, your previous departmental advisor and your present departmental advisor must sign the form. This will insure that your transfer credit(s) can be properly applied to your new major. Departmental signatures are not required to add or delete a minor. Forms must be return to the Office of the Registrar in order to be processed.
In order for a student to take a course at another school, while enrolled at Chicago State University, he or she must follow certain procedures. Once the decision to take a course off campus has been made, the student must complete a petition form. The student must return the petition with all of the appropriate signatures to the Office of Evaluations for final review and approval.