The mission of the Office of Student Financial Aid is to support the University's overall goal of providing an affordable, quality education by providing financial assistance to those students and their families seeking to offset their educational costs.
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE FUND (EAF) APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE OF STUDENT FINANCIAL AID - Applicants must appear in person at the Office of Student Financial Aid to obtain, fill out and submit an application. Your resume must be attached to the application. Faxed, e-mailed or mailed applications will not be accepted.
- Creating a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID - Students, and parents of Dependent students, need to create a FSA ID (PINs are no longer acceptable) in order to access certain Federal web sites, such as fafsa.gov and StudentLoans.gov, and to sign certain financial aid documents, such as the Master Promissory Notes. Creating an FSA ID is a simple process. It will only take you a few minutes. Please download a handy "How to create an FSA ID" guide for further information. You may also obtain additional information on the "The FSA ID is your electronic passport to federal student aid online" web page.
- Senior Citizens! Did you know that you might be eligible for free tuition? - For more information please access our Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver web page.
- TANF Scholarship (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) - At this time funds have not been allocated for the TANF Scholarship. If, and when, funding becomes available it will be announced on this web site.
- How to Register an Institutional Complaint with the Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) - If you have an unresolved complaint with CSU, or any other institution of higher education, IBHE may be able to help you to resolve your issue.
- New Loan Information for Borrowers - Beginning July 1, 2013 Federal Regulations for new borrowers limit the maximum time period that you can receive Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans to 150% of the published length of your program of study.
- CSU's U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education school code is 001694
Quick link to COUGAR CONNECT (access your e-mail - check it often)
Quick link to the OFFICE OF THE BURSAR/CASHIER web page
Please visit this web page periodically for information regarding any changes to financial aid programs that may affect your financial aid eligibility. Read all e-mail communications from the Office of Student Financial Aid and remember . . .
It is the responsibility of all students to keep themselves informed as to issues that may affect their financial aid eligibility by regularly accessing the Office of Student Financial Aid web site and CSU X-Press.
If you are a veteran, or the child or spouse of a veteran, you may be eligible for educational benefits. For more information please visit our Veterans Affairs web site.
If you have any comments or questions about the content of this web page, or if you should come across a broken link, please e-mail the Office of Student Financial Aid web site publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to download some of the forms/documents on this web site.