The purpose of the BLP is to provide students with experience-based learning opportunities by placing them with established firms or companies. The program:
• Helps bridge the gap between theory and practice by providing insight into how businesses operate;
• Assists firms in achieving goals through the contributions of ideas and managerial assistance provided by the students;
• Provides an additional avenue for building a mutually beneficial relationship between the College of Business and the business community; and
• Assists students in making career choices.
Enrolled students are upper level students with junior or senior status. All students have:
• Completed their core business courses (or permission for an exception)
• A grade point average of 2.5 or higher
• Shown sufficient interest and desire to work and learn in a business environment
• Obtain a business position related to their major
• Submitted a completed application and signed a copy of this guideline by the designated deadline
• Not participated and received credit for the program in the past (there is a three (3) hour limit)
- The duration of the program is one academic semester. If you do not work the full semester, you will not receive credit for the course.
- The internship must be related to the student’s major.
- Students must work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- Students must be assigned to a company manager/supervisor.
- The employer must provide meaningful work assignments for the interns.
- The supervisor/ manager must be willing to complete our midterm and final evaluation form assessing the performance of the intern.
- At the end of the semester, students who successfully complete the program receive a letter grade.
Stop by BHS Room 435 for an application or for more information.