The College of Business is an outstanding urban-based learning center committed to excellence as it prepares students to become leaders in the local, state and global business community.
The mission of the College of Business, in keeping with the University’s mission, is to promote quality undergraduate education that is learner-centered and technologically responsive to a culturally and economically diverse student population. Through its programs, the College is committed to developing students by:
- Providing foundations in business for students who have the ability to, and desire to, learn.
- Producing graduates who are responsible, discerning, ethical and informed citizens with a commitment to lifelong learning, business leadership, entrepreneurship, and service.
- Fostering a collegial environment, which values the personal growth and academic success of individuals through its teaching, research, service and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Supporting other university academic programs by providing basic business instruction to enrich the curricula.
The College of Business offers a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration with professional options in Accounting, Finance, Management, Management Information Systems and Marketing. The curriculum includes a broad foundation in liberal arts and sciences with a strong business core and a major core of required courses and electives.
The College of Business undergoes a rigorous review process by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Periodic Quality Assurance Reports are prepared to ensure that the College meets the criterion and standards established by the ACBSP.
• Quality Assurance Report - 2013
• Quality Assurance Report - 2011
Undertaking this process affirms to our stakeholders that the College's academic programs meet the highest standards of excellence in terms of service and delivery. Click here to see the accreditation schedule.