Sending Your Documents: A Student’s Guide

smiling at documents

Applying to University can be a complicated process, and sometimes it can be difficult to determine the best way to send your documents. In this following guide we will breakdown each document type for each type of student, and list some of the best ways for us to receive them from you.

Undergraduate Admissions Address:

9501 S. King Drive
Chicago, IL 60628
Cook Administration 101

Official High School Transcript: First Time Freshmen and Transfer students with less than 24 credit hours are required to submit official transcripts. Official high school transcripts can be requested from your high school counselor or school administrator.

Transcripts can be submitted electronically or physically. Electronic transcripts are sent via an online vendor, such as Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse. Physical official sealed transcripts may be mailed or delivered in person to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. If hand delivered, please make sure the envelope is sealed and unopened. Faxed or emailed transcripts sent by students will not be accepted. 

Letter of Recommendation: The letter of recommendation can be accepted via email to and via mail or delivered in person at the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

Application Fees: $25 application fee for U.S. applicants and the $30 fee for international applicants. Good News! For the 2021 semesters the application fees are waived!

ACT/SAT Test Scores: CSU is now a test optional institution for the 2021 to 2022 academic year. This means that ACT/SAT test scores will not be required until after the Fall 2022 semester. For honors consideration we encourage applicants to send their SAT or ACT scores directly from the organization’s website. Also, we may accept complete test results from the official high school transcript. 

CSU SAT Code: 1118

ACT ACT Code: 0992

Common Application Submissions: Your high school counselor/administrator will assist with the upload of supporting documents through the Common App site. As a reminder, documents will not be shared via their service if Chicago State University was not selected on your Common App application (documents can be sent directly to the university - See above instructions for First Time Freshman).

Official College Transcript(s): We require all Official Transcripts from each college you have attended for undergraduate coursework. Contact each of your prior colleges directly in order to request your Official Transcripts. Electronic transcripts can be accepted via electronic vendors, such as National Student Clearinghouse and Parchment. Physical official sealed transcripts can be mailed to or delivered in person to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

For International Students additional supporting documents may be required. Please contact our Global Engagement Office via email at or via the phone at (773) 995-2582.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact our Office of Undergraduate Admissions via email at or via the phone at (773) 995-2513.