Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC)
The Department of Military Science offers interested students an opportunity to earn a commission as an officer (Second Lieutenant) in the United States Army, the Army National Guard, or the United States Army Reserve. The department's Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program also offers students valuable training in leadership and management required for success in either a civilian or military career.
Admission to the ROTC program is contingent upon good academic standing and acceptance by the Military Science Department at Chicago State University.
- Student must see ROTC advisor at CSU Douglas Hall room 204 for enrollment application.
- Notify the Veterans Coordinator when you receive acceptance in the ROTC program.
- Complete our Veterans Educational Benefits Information form for each term you wish to use your benefit.
- New and transfer students must notify the Veterans Coordinator of "their eligibility status as soon as possible, but no later than the last scheduled day of classes for the term for which the grant is requested"; continuing students should have approval from the ROTC department.
- ROTC pays tuition, activity and athletic fees only; ROTC will not pay any lab or late fees. ROTC will not pay for books and it is not refundable to the student.
- Students can only receive ROTC starting from the date they become eligible; if a student was admitted for Fall 2009, but did not apply for ROTC until Spring 2010; they cannot use ROTC to pay for the Fall term because they did not apply until the Spring term.
- Maintain a semester/cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 in all ROTC courses.
- Enroll in ROTC class and lab.
- Attend a Military Science classes and Leadership Labs.
- Attend at least 3 PT sessions every week.
- Attend the BN FTX/TEWT/CFTX.
- Attend the MS III FTX.
- Pass the record APFT/Meet Height/Weight Standards.
- Be an active/participating member of ROTC Battalion events.
- Be a resident of Illinois.
- Must be US citizen.