Illinois Veterans Grant (IVG)
Students who are requesting payment of the Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) MUST:
How to Apply and Receive Benefits
- Be a resident of Illinois within six months both before and after 1 year or more of
active service or who served on federal active duty service in a foreign country during
a time of hostilities in that country, and received an honorable discharge.
- Complete the IVG Application and mail the application and a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4) to:
Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)
D-3A IVG Processing,ISAC
1755 Lake Cook Road
Deerfield, IL 60015-5209
The web site address is www.collegeillinois.org
- Notify the Veterans Coordinator when they receive a copy of their eligibility letter
- Submit the Veterans Educational Benefits Information form to the CSU Veterans Coordinator for each term they intend to use their Illinois Veterans Grant to pay their tuition and mandatory
Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
Recipients of IVG must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to receive IVG. The cumulative GPA looks at every class you have taken at Chicago
State University, regardless of whether or not you were receiving benefits during
that time period.
Policies and Procedures
- New and transfer students must notify the Veterans Coordinator of "their eligibility
status as soon as possible, but no later than the last scheduled day of classes for
the term for which the grant is requested" (www.collegezone.com); continuing students
should have an eligibility letter on file.
- IVG pays tuition and mandatory fees only - mandatory fees are fees that are charged to every student; IVG will not pay any lab or late fees. IVG will not pay for books and it is not refundable
to the student.
- Students can only receive IVG starting from the date they become eligible; if a student
was admitted for Fall 2009, but did not apply for IVG until Spring 2010; they cannot
use IVG to pay for the Fall term because they did not apply until the Spring term.
- Your IVG award is based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in at the time
your award is disbursed to your student account.
- Maximum amount of eligibility is 120 points(units of eligibility = credit hours).