How to Apply and Receive Benefits
Complete the ING Application at www.collegeillinois.org.
Complete our Veterans Educational Benefits Information form for each term you wish to use your benefit.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements
Recipients of ING must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to receive ING. The cumulative GPA looks at every class you have taken at Chicago State University, regardless of whether or not you were receiving benefits during that time period.
Policies and Procedures
- New and transfer students must notify the Veterans Representative of "their eligibility status as soon as possible, but no later than the last scheduled day of classes for the term for which the grant is requested”.
- ING students must re-apply each year and submit their Letter of Eligibility to the Office of Veterans Affairs at Chicago State University.
- ING pays tuition and activity fees only; ING will not pay any lab/late fees. ING will not pay for books and it is not refundable to the student.
- Students can only receive ING starting from the date they become eligible; if a student was admitted for Fall 2009, but did not apply for ING until Spring 2010; they cannot use ING to pay for the Fall term because they did not apply until the Spring term.
- Your ING award is based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in at the time your award is disbursed to your student account.