User ID:Your user ID is your social security number.
- The Personal Access Code allows access to personal information such as financial aid
status, registration holds and schedules, grades, tuition charges and more. This 6-digit
code (letters and/or numbers) is your birth date (ddmmyy) and MUST be changed at your
first login. For example, if you were born on March 4th 1980, your logon pin number would be 040380. Your PAC will not change unless you
change it for security reasons. You are strongly encouraged to change your PAC to
protect your personal information. The System will prompt you to enter a Security
Question. This question is intended to assist you in remembering your PAC so please
keep this in mind as you compose it.
- Contact Technical Support if you experience problems with your PAC. Technical support
is available during normal business hours, Monday -Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Call 773/995-2038.
Authorization failure: Your account has been disabled. If you attempt to log in 5
times and are unsuccessful, your PAC will be automatically deactivated by the system.
This is a security feature to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
Please contact Technical Support at 773/995-2038 and request your PAC to be reset.
- The recommended browsers for CSU X-Press are Internet Explorer 6.0 or Netscape 6.2.
If your PC or MAC is using a prior release of these browsers, you may download an
upgrade from www.??????.com.
- Do not use your browser's Back button once you are in the Secure Area of CSU X-Press.
Please use the navigational links provided on each page. Using the Back button may
force you to log in again.
CSU X-Press displays information contained in the University's Banner Student module.
This information must be backed up and maintained on a daily basis. Scheduled maintenance
and backup times for CSU X-Press occur between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am, Monday through
Friday. The system will not be available for access during that time.
- An electronic Course Schedule is available at the CSU X-Press home page. You may access
the Schedule by Clicking on CSU X-Press from the CSU home page at www.csu.edu.
- The full text of the Course Schedule Bulletin is also available from the Records and
Registration page www.csu.edu/RecordsAndRegistration/.
- Course schedule information is also available for query as part of the Registration
process. To access a list of courses for a particular subject select "Class Search"
and enter the Subject and any other qualifying information (desired meeting times/days).
- An electronic version of the Catalog is available at the CSU X-Press home page. You
may access the Catalog by clicking on CSU X-Press from the CSU home page at www.csu.edu.
- The full text of the CSU Catalog is also available from the Records and Registration
- General Financial Aid information is available through links available from the CSU
X- Press home page. The links provide access to other primary financial aid web sites
to apply for federal aid (FAFSA), complete the CSS PROFILE registration/application,
estimate financial aid eligibility, search for available scholarships (other than
those offered by Chicago State University), and to access federal financial aid information.
- CSU Financial Aid information is available by selecting the appropriate menu item
following entry to the Secure Area with a User ID and Personal Access Code (PAC).
- View Holds is a Student Records menu item that displays the Holds that have been placed
on your record which will affect your ability to Register. If no holds exist, then
a "no Holds message" is displayed. Common Registration Holds include:
- (A1) Athletic JDC 205 (x2282)
- (BG) BOG RUC 210 (x2457)
- (B3) Business ADM 212 (x2470)
- (E Holds) Examinations ADM 126 (x2481)
- (12) Immunization ADM 131 (x2010)
- (P2) Parking O&M 208 (x2141)
- (R1/R3) Registrar ADM 128 (x2517)
- (S1/S2) Student Affairs/ SUB 247 (x2150)
- (UC) Academic Support SUB 158 (x4510)
- (U4) Admissions ADM 200 (x2513)
- (VA) Veterans ADM 207 (x3549)
Midterm and Final grades are available from the Student Records menu within the Secure
Area of CSU X-Press. Final grades are posted to each student's record three (3) days
following the end of the term. Midterm grades are available three (3) business days
after the Registrar's submission deadline. (See the Term Calendar or the Course Schedule
Bulletin for specific dates.)
Each student may view his/her account information by selecting the Account Summary
item from the Student Records menu. This form displays information by term, by charge
type, payments, and the net balance of all transactions. Anticipated financial aid
is not displayed. The total Account Balance is displayed at the top and bottom of
the summary. For further information concerning your account, please contact the Bursar's
office located in the Cook Administration Building Room 212 or call 773-995-2470.
The Registration Advising PIN (RAP) is required for using CSU X-Press to register
on line. New RAPs are assigned each term and expire at the end of the regular registration
period. Your academic advisor will give you a new RAP each term during your advisement
- CLICK on CSU X-Press from the CSU home page www.csu.edu.
- CLICK Enter Secure Area
- ENTER your User ID (Social Security number)
- ENTER your Personal Access Code (PAC)
- CLICK Login
- CLICK Student Services and Financial Aid
- CLICK Add/Drop Classes
- Select the Term
- ENTER your Registration Advising PIN (RAP) and CLICK Submit RAP
Note:If you forget your RAP, return to your academic advisor, or see another academic advisor
or department chair.
The system will return a blank class schedule form. If you know the Course Reference
Numbers (CRNs), you may enter them in the spaces provided. To look up a CRN,
CLICK Class Search and follow the on-screen instructions to look for classes to add.
When all CRNs are entered, CLICK Submit Classes.
Note: To remove courses, Choose the Drop Web option available from the pull down menu on
your class schedule. CLICK Submit Classes to make the change.
- CLICK on Complete your Registration and follow the on screen instructions.
- Return to the Menu.
- CLICK on Payment Plan for a direct link to the Tuition Management System web site
Class Selection is now complete. Return to the Home Page and close the browser using
the Exit button (on the top right corner).
Do not leave personal information on the screen.
- In the course of using CSU X-Press for web registration, you may see a red button
marked "Stop" with Registration Errors indicated below. This indicates to you that
the registration for a given class was not completed and an error message will show.
Examples of these error messages and what they mean follow:
- Closed Section - This class has reached the maximum limit of enrolled students.
- Closed Section - x - This class is closed. The x indicates that the class is sharing
a room with another class and the maximum limit for the combined class has been reached.
- CRN does not exist - You have entered an incorrect CRN. Check the Course Schedule
Bulletin (printed or on line at www.csu.edu/Registrar ) or use the Class Search button to locate the correct CRN.
- Preq & test score error - Many credit classes require prerequisites. These are conditions
that must be met in order to gain access to a particular class. These are usually
successful completion of examinations in Math, Reading and English or previous completion
of other courses or departmental approval. Course prerequisites are listed as part
of the course description in the CSU X-Press Course Catalog and are noted in the published
CSU Catalog. If you believe that you meet the prerequisite and you are not being allowed
to enroll, contact your academic advisor.
- Time conflict XXXXX - You have selected a class where a portion or all of the time
the class meets is at the same time as another class.
- Dupl Crse with SEC-XXXXX - You have selected two or more classes with the same subject
and course number. This is not allowed, you must drop or remove one of them.
- CORQ-XXXXXREQ - This class required a co-requisite class to be registered with the
class you have selected. Contact the department for the specific information.
- Maximum hours exceeded - You have attempted to register for more hours than you are
qualified to take based on your level (Graduate or Undergraduate) and your academic
standing. The maximum load for Graduate and Certification students is 12 hours and
for Undergraduates, the maximum is from 12 - 16 hours.
What do I do if I forget my Personal Access Code (PAC)?
- If you forget your PAC after you have changed it, click on the button to display the
Security Question to assist you in remembering. If you are still unsuccessful in logging
into the Secure Area, contact Technical Support at 773-995-2038, Monday - Friday during
normal business hours.
What do I do if I forget/lose my Registration Advising PIN (RAP)?
- If you forget your RAP, return to your academic advisor, or see another academic advisor
in your major department or the department chair.
Who has access to web services through CSU X-Press?
- Any student who has taken a CSU class within the last two years may access web information
with a student ID and PIN.
Who has access to Web Registration?
- All degree-seeking students who have enrolled in CSU classes within the last two years
and have obtained a Registration Advising PIN (RAP) for the current term from their
How do I access web services for students?
- From any Internet accessible computer, open a web browser (Internet Explorer 6.0 or
Netscape 6.2) and go to the CSU home page www.csu.edu. Click on the CSU X-Press icon. General Financial Aid information, the Course Schedule
Bulletin and CSU catalog are available in the unsecured section of the site. To see
personal information such as holds, grades, unofficial transcripts, and your account
summary, CLICK on Enter Secure Area.
How do I register, add, drop or withdraw from a class?
- To register or add a class, enter the CRN (course reference number) in the 'Add Class'
Section. Click submit. Your request will be processed. You will see an error or you
will be registered in the class. (See registration errors for more information.)
- To drop or withdraw from a class, use the options under Action in your ' Current Schedule'.
- Read the instructions on this page carefully... and remember to click on 'Submit Classes'
when adding or dropping a class.
I forgot to drop my class, won't the instructor do that for me?
- Students are responsible for dropping or withdrawing their classes even if they do
not attend. When a student does not attend or stops attending without formally withdrawing,
the student will receive the grade assigned by the instructor and will be held liable
for all charges on the their account.
My class was canceled after I registered, what happened?
- The University reserves the right to limit the size of the classes and to cancel classes
for which there is insufficient enrollment. If the class for which you are registered
is canceled, you will automatically be dropped from the class. If you do not find
an alternative class, a tuition refund will be processed to your account according
to the refund policy. Financial Aid students may wish to consult with their financial
aid counselor concerning any award implications.
How do I pay for classes when I register through CSU X-Press?
- No registration transaction is complete until the Business Office has processed the
transaction and the student has been issued a printed receipt. If you web register,
please confirm your registration by receiving a paid receipt at the cashier's office.
- Students who have outstanding debts at Chicago State University will not be permitted
to register until such debts have been paid.
- Discover, MasterCard, Telecheck, VISA, cash, money orders, cashier's checks, certified
checks, personal checks and traveler's checks will be accepted for payment of tuition
and fee charges. In addition to accepting payment by personal check, ECAP provides
electronic check approval that takes funds from your checking account within 48 hours
of the time the check is written to CSU. Business checks will not be accepted.
- Students who have presented two NSF (not sufficient funds) checks to the University
even though restitution has been made will be required to pay for their registration
with cash, money orders, certified checks, traveler's checks, MasterCard or VISA or
- Specific payment due dates are printed in the Class Schedule Bulletin.