What's Preventing You from Completing Your Registration? (pdf)

Review this important information for assistance in completing your registration activities.

Five Stoppers Before Getting Started

Five things that will stop you from registering for classes:

  • Your SAP compliance status
  • Failure to take sexual assault prevention training
  • Low GPA
  • Clearing up your debt with CSU
  • Immunization holds

You still have time to get the help, tutoring or resources you need. Step into the registrar’s office, or check with your advisor or the Wellness Center to clear up any concerns you may have.

Want to register?  Here's how!


Before registering, the student must be admitted to Chicago State University. New undergraduate students must contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Cook Administration Building, Room 200.
Telephone: (773) 995-2513.
Graduate students must contact the Office of Graduate Studies.
Douglas Hall, Room 338.
Telephone: (773) 995-2404.

Step One

After being formally admitted to the University, the student must contact the Office of Examinations to schedule placement examinations, Cook Administration Building, Room 126, telephone (773) 995-2481.

Select your classes with your academic advisor.  Degree seeking students wills receive a Registration Advising Pin (RAP) to register on the web during advisement.  Undergraduate-at-large students will receive their RAP from the Office of the Registrar, ADM-128.  Graduate-at-large students will receive their RAP from Graduate Studies, Douglas Hall 338.

Step Two

Register for class at www.csu.edu.  Click on CSU X-PRESS during published web registration dates, published in the Class Schedule Bulletin or on the CSU website www.csu.edu.

Step Three

Make your payment on-line.  Click on Online Payment at the bottom of your Congratulations
You have Completed your Registration! page.  To set up a payment plan, click on Tuition Payment. Financial Aid recipients must get a business receipt from the Cashier, ADM-211. Get a waiver from the Financial Aid Office, ADM-207.  Present the waiver at the Cashier, ADM-211.  Once you get a receipt from the Cashier your classes will not be dropped for non-payment whether you make a payment or not.  NOTE:  Students with tuition waivers or scholarships must follow the same procedures as financial aid recipients.

Step Four

All students must have a permanent Student Photo Identification Card.  A valid CSU I.D. card is required to use all university facilities, including the library and the computer laboratory.  Those who do not have a card must be photographed at the time of registration.  New students, students who have lost their I.D. cards, and students who have changed their names, must go to Cordell Reed Student Union Building, Room 244 to receive an ID card.

WITHDRAWAL/DROPPING/ADDING A CLASS Students may drop classes on CSU X-PRESS up to and including the 100% refund date.  After the 100% refund date, students may drop or withdraw from classes by completing the Change of Program form.  The form, with appropriate signatures, must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by published deadline dates in order to prevent academic penalty.  Students will not be permitted to add classes after the registration period.  A drop/withdrawal from a course or courses is not complete until the Change of Program form is submitted and approved by a Records and Registration staff member.