This site is provided to proudly announce and chronicle the CSU departments that have recently received accreditation and the professional bodies that have accredited them.
Accreditation by one's discipline is the hallmark of an academically strong and intellectually sound program. Thus, the University is exceptionally pleased and proud to announce and celebrate the programs that, based on the diligence and scholarship of faculty and chairpersons, have earned the highest level of sanction available in the academy.
Higher Learning Commission Mark of Affiliation
In addition to North Central Association accreditation, CSU has additional independent program accreditation from the following associations:
Programs accredited by NCATE-recognized specialty organizations/associations:
- Bilingual Education/Association for Childhood Education International
- Doctor of Education in Education Leadership/Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC)
- Early Childhood Education/National Association for Education of Young Children
- Elementary Education/Association for Childhood Education International
- General Administration/Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC)
- Library Specialist/American Association of School Libraries
- Physical Education/American Alliance for Health, Physical Education and Dance
- Special Education/The Council for Exceptional Children
- Teaching Biology and Chemistry/National Science Teachers Association
- Teaching English/National Council of Teachers of English
- Teaching Geography and History/National Council for Social Studies
- Teaching Mathematics/National Council for Teachers of Mathematics
- Teaching Modern Languages/National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Teaching Reading/International Reading Association
- Technology Education International Technology Education Association/Council on
- Technology Teacher Education
In addition to the accreditations listed above, Chicago State University’s teacher education programs are recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education.
The university is a member in good standing of the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. It is also affiliated with the American Council on Education.