Abandoned vehicles cannot remain on the university campus for more than (7) seven days. Vehicles on campus for longer periods will be booted and/or towed at the owner’s expense. If a vehicle is left unattended for more than 24 hours the owner/driver must contact the Police Department at 773-995-2111.
- Citations must be paid or appealed within (30) calendar days.
- All parking citations can be appealed monthly through an independent Appeals Board Committee.
Three Ways to Appeal a Ticket:
- In writing - Send to: Parking Department 9501 S. King Drive Chicago, IL 60628 attention "Parking Appeals Board;"
- In-Person on a scheduled Appeal Board meeting date; and
- Via email to PARKING@CSU.EDU
Contact the Parking Office for the Parking Appeals Board schedule at (773) 995-2141.
Unpaid violations will result in transcripts or other transferable university documents being withheld until total payment is made and/or may include collection agency fees.
Failure to enforce a regulation in one or more instances is not grounds to waive future enforcement of such regulations. Parking rules and regulations are in effect twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.
To park on campus, all faculty, staff (part-time, temporary and full-time), and students must purchase an annual or semester decal or pay the daily fee. Parking decals are issued for a semester or an academic year expiring every August 31st of the calendar year. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check the parking decal expiration date. Parking decals can be purchased through the Cashiers’ Office, Room 211 in the Cook Administration Building. Decals and their renewal are the responsibility of the vehicle operator. No refunds are available when you forget your decal. Please note, you are required to pay the $5.00 daily parking hang tag upon entrance if you do not purchase an annual or semester decal.
- Under specific circumstances and with proper documentation, a temporary or replacement decal may be obtained from the Parking Department.
All guests must pay the daily parking fee. Individuals, departments or sponsoring groups may arrange to pay or be invoiced for parking. Please download the event/guest form http://www.csu.edu/parking/documents/SpecialEventParkingForm.pdf and return the completed form to the Parking Department for processing. Please note that guests are subject to parking regulations, and it is the responsibility of the sponsor to make parking regulations known to them.
- Vehicles properly displaying a placard or disability license plate may park in areas specifically reserved for persons with disabilities (SEE CAMPUS PARKING MAP). The placard must be displayed in clear view hanging from the rear-view mirror or placed on the dashboard.
- The authorized holder of a placard or disability license plate must be present when parking in a handicap space. It is illegal to use a placard or disability license plate without the authorization holder being present. The authorized holder must exit or enter the vehicle while it is parked in the designated parking area. Violators will be ticketed and booted.
- The university police will confiscate any placard if they believe it is being used illegally.
- Parking is not allowed in an access aisle. An access aisle is the vertical lines adjacent to the parking space for person s with disabilities. The Police will ticket any vehicle parked in the access aisle whether it is displaying a placard or disability license plate or not.
- Responsibility of lost, misplaced, or unused decals rests solely with the purchaser.
Parking citations or fines are given for the following violations:
- $75.00 for parking without a decal, daily hang-tag or permit
- $100.00 for parking in reserve lot
- $25.00 for improperly displaying a decal, daily hang-tag or permit
- $25.00 for violation of signs
- $50.00 for blocking driveway/intersection
- $25.00 for parking outside the yellow lines
- $50.00 for parking on grass/sidewalk
- $50.00 for vehicle left unattended/running motor/without an adult
- $50.00 for violating no parking area
- $50.00 for littering/loud music
- $75.00 for parking or blocking a dock area
- $75.00 for unauthorized access or gate running
- $100.00 for illegally removing University boot
- $100.00 for illegally copying or altering decal, daily hang-tag or permit
- $250.00 for parking in a handicap zone with properly displaying placard or using a placard without the authorized holder being present
- Always properly display a decal, daily hang-tag or permit.
- Never park in reserve spaces unless assigned.
- Always obey street/driving signs.
- Never block driveway/intersection.
- Never park outside the yellow lines.
- Never enter or park on access roads of the Campus.
- Never leave vehicles unattended/running motor/without an adult supervision.
- Never violate parking area.
- No littering/loud music.
- Never park/blocking a dock area.
- Never run through a gate.
- Never illegally remove a University boot.
- Never illegally copy or alter decal, daily hang-tag or permit.
- Never park in a handicap zone with properly displaying placard or using a placard without the authorized holder being present.
The CSU Parking Department's goal is to serve and provide parking services for students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Department also provides motorist assistance on campus such as opening your vehicles when keys are left inside, providing battery jumps, and inflating tires at no charge. The CSU Parking Department, will not perform routine maintenance or repair work. Customers will be required to sign a waiver of liability prior to receiving assistance. Parking Services: On Campus dial extension 2141 - Off Campus dial (773) 995-2141.
Parking Office Location & Hours of Operation
Located O & M building; Room 107G
Monday 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Tuesday 8:00AM to 4PM
Wednesday 8:00AM to 4PM
Thursday 8:00AM to 7:00PM
Friday 9:00AM to 4:00PM
Saturday 7:00AM to 3:00PM (Parking Booths only)
Sunday - CLOSED
- For snow removal and de-icing campus lots and drives; clearing sidewalks, quad areas, and other pedestrian areas:
On Campus - dial extension 2140
Off Campus - dial (773) 995-2140 - Facilities Department
- Any other questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Case of Emergency (24 hours):
On Campus dial extension 2111
Off Campus dial (773) 995-2111
The responsibility for lost, misplaced, stolen or unused permits rests solely with the purchaser. Refunds are only available to individuals submitting PROOF for the following:
- University withdrawal,
- Classes canceled,
- Serious illness.
All refunds will be pro-rated. No refund will be issued if the decal is not returned. No refunds will be made for decals revoked due to fraudulent application or if there are unpaid parking obligations.
Refund Rates - Full Year Purchase
- Withdrawals within 10 calendar days after classes begin receive 100%.
- Withdrawals after 10 calendar days, but fewer than 15 calendar days receive 50%.
- Withdrawals 15 or more days after classes begin are not eligible for refunds.
Refund Rates - Semester Purchase
- Withdrawals within 5 calendar days after classes begin receive 100%.
- Withdrawals after 5 calendar days, but fewer than 10 calendar days receive 50%.
- Withdrawals 10 or more days after classes begin are not eligible for refunds.
- All refunds will be mailed to the requestor’s place of residence. No credit will be applied to tuition payments or future parking fees.
For a special fee, individuals requesting reserved parking should contact the Parking Department for availability. Please pay special attention to signage indicating Reserve Parking, violators who park in reserve spaces are subject to a $100.00 ticket and/or tow, plus a $25.00 non-refundable boot removal fee.
- New Academic Library NLB (behind Library building on 95th & St. Lawrence)
- Lot A-1 (east section, near Robinson University Center);
- Lot A-4 (near the Student Union Building); Lot A-5 (near Residence Hall and Student Union Building)
- Lot B-2 (near the Education Building);
- Lot B-8 (near the Athletics Building); and the Residence Hall dock area.
The Parking Department reserves the right to make changes in campus parking assignments, whether temporary or permanent, as required for the benefit of the university.
Residence Hall occupants have the option of purchasing a Reserved Parking Permit (for a designated space, based on availability) with their decal for $310.00 per year. A parking decal without a reserved space is $150.00 per year. Both permits are good from September 1st through August 31st. Otherwise, residence must pay the daily rate of $5.00 per day. For the protection and security of all residents, the Parking Department must be notified when you move in or out of the Residence Hall. Provide the vehicle make, model and license plate number, and the time of the move, so that this information can be forwarded to the Parking Patrol and the University Police. Citations will be written on vehicles parked at the Student Union Building dock area. The Parking Patrol begins writing citations at 7:00 a.m.
Failure to adhere to parking rules can result in a citation, a $100.00 fine and/or a tow, and a $25.00 non-refundable boot removal fee.
Any individual who purchases, uses or displays a university decal in violation of university parking regulations may have the decal revoked. Fraudulent applications include, but are not restricted to:
- Signing an application for a decal in another person’s name,
- Obtaining decals to be used by an individual NOT authorized to hold a decal.
A second decal may be purchased for $5.00 solely for use on a second vehicle that is used by the purchaser of the first decal. At the time of purchase of the second decal proof of insurance and vehicle registration on that vehicle must be provided with the same address as the first vehicle's decal. The second decal is for the personal use of the purchaser of the first decal and may not be sold, disseminated, or transferred for use by another person or vehicle. Decals must be affixed to the lower inside left corner of the driver’s side windshield. Use of tape or other temporary placement may result in the issuance of a ticket and/or revocation of authorization of use. Violation of this rule may result in revocation of parking privileges and disciplinary action against any such individual found in violation of this rule.
- A second decal is available for a reduced rate of $5.00 for the sole use of the purchaser of a full price decal .
- The second decal may not be resold, loaned, or transferred to another user or vehicle.
- The decal must be securely affixed to the second vehicle.
- Owner's insurance and registration information for the first vehicle decal and second vehicle decal must match your Banner Account address.
No parking decals will be issued to any individual who has unpaid parking fines. All unpaid fines and purchases will be automatically sent to an outside collection agency.
Vehicles can be booted on campus for the following:
- Parked in a reserved parking space.
- Parked in a handicapped space without displaying a placard issued to the driver or another occupant of the vehicle.
- Blocking a fire hydrant or fire lane.
- Blocking a roadway, drive or loading dock.
- Blocking a dumpster.
- Blocking other vehicles.
- Creating a real or potential safety hazard.
- Owned or operated by an individual with outstanding delinquent parking citations.
- Using a revoked, altered or stolen decal.
- Parking in violation of posted signs.
- Boots are only released when a non-refundable $25.00 fine is paid.
- Accumulating three (3) or more unpaid citations.
- If the debt is not paid within 24 hours of booting, the vehicle is eligible to be towed. In addition to a boot fee, towing fees are incurred.
Please note that there is a $5.00 daily parking rate applicable to all visitors and vendors on campus. Daily parking hang-tags, annual or semester decals are permitted for use of all parking stalls EXCEPT those marked handicap, reserved, and no parking zones.
--------------------All Parking Rules are subject to change --------------------