Chicago State University's Department of Outreach recruits and retain academically
qualified students of diverse backgrounds to prepare them for success in the twenty-first
century career opportunities.
The Department of Outreach will expand partnerships with other educational institutions
and corporations that support the university’s mission to provide access to higher
education for all.
The Director of Outreach broadens the relationships with CSU internal Faculty, Staff,
and Alumni in addition to public, charter/ private and parochial high schools, within
the CSU community and surrounding business that supports the belief that the university
provides access to stellar post secondary education for students of diverse backgrounds
and educational needs
- Market the benefits of a CSU degree locally and nationally.
- Promote signature programs offered by CSU.
Make articulation agreements more accessible and seamless in supporting each college’s
recruitment and retention goals.
- Recruit qualified students whose goals are to complete their postsecondary education
- Create and implement strategies that lead to successful enrollment and retention in
the five college’s at CSU.
- Publish materials that promote the university’s vision, mission and goals for each
college at CSU
- Contact is made with all Chicago Public School Educational Leaders in each network,
Chartered Schools, Parochial and private school, Superintendents and all community
colleges with emphasis placed on Mid West states.
- Meet s monthly with CSU internal recruiters of each college to support their recruitment
strategies /signatures programs.
- Supports all articulation agreement recruitment efforts for targeted population.
Recruiters target students that meets the admission requirements of CSU.
- Share materials that promote all programs, with emphasis placed on student career
interest, course prerequisite for access, and internships.