Chicago State University's Department of Outreach recruits and retain academically qualified students of diverse backgrounds to prepare them for success in the twenty-first century career opportunities.
The Department of Outreach will expand partnerships with other educational institutions and corporations that support the university’s mission to provide access to higher education for all.
The Director of Outreach broadens the relationships with CSU internal Faculty, Staff, and Alumni in addition to public, charter/ private and parochial high schools, within the CSU community and surrounding business that supports the belief that the university provides access to stellar post secondary education for students of diverse backgrounds and educational needs
Goals and Objectives.
- Market the benefits of a CSU degree locally and nationally.
- Promote signature programs offered by CSU.
Make articulation agreements more accessible and seamless in supporting each college’s recruitment and retention goals.
- Recruit qualified students whose goals are to complete their postsecondary education at CSU.
- Create and implement strategies that lead to successful enrollment and retention in the five college’s at CSU.
- Publish materials that promote the university’s vision, mission and goals for each college at CSU
External Goals and Objectives
- Contact is made with all Chicago Public School Educational Leaders in each network, Chartered Schools, Parochial and private school, Superintendents and all community colleges with emphasis placed on Mid West states.
- Meet s monthly with CSU internal recruiters of each college to support their recruitment strategies /signatures programs.
- Supports all articulation agreement recruitment efforts for targeted population.
Recruiters target students that meets the admission requirements of CSU.
- Share materials that promote all programs, with emphasis placed on student career interest, course prerequisite for access, and internships.