Please note that we are slightly behind in processing CSU Summer Merit applications due to the overwhelming number of applications received. In addition, it is important to know that while CSU has been able to financially assist
many students for the 13/14 academic year, summer awards are limited and will be offered
to students based on date of submitted application and student eligibility.
If you have submitted an application please review the "Summer 2014 Merit Scholarship
Information "You Need To Know" below and don't forget to accept the Terms and Conditions
relating to the Scholarship and to complete the Enrichment Workshop (links provided
toward the bottom of this web page).
Remember, Scholarships will be awarded on a first come basis until all funds are exhausted
and will be processed in the date order in which they were received.
Students whose applications have been approved will be notified via their CSU email.
Summer 2014 Merit Scholarship Information You Need to Know:
- The scholarship will go toward educational expenses not to exceed $1,500.00.
- All scholarship recipients must meet the minimum cumulative GPA: Undergraduate 2.5
GPA/Graduate/Professional 3.0 GPA and be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours for the summer 2014 semester
- Terms and Conditions must be completed prior to disbursement
- Must be eligible for federal financial aid
- Must complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA
- Must complete Verification (if selected)
- Must complete one on-line enrichment workshop
- Must be U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Cannot be in default on federal student loan(s)
Summer 2014 Terms and Conditions:
- To accept the terms and conditions of your summer scholarship award- click Here
Chicago State University: Online Enrichment Workshops:
- All Merit Scholarship recipients are required to complete one online enrichment workshop
for the summer 2014 semester. USA Funds has designed life skills lessons that allow
you to fulfill the enrichment workshop requirement. Please log on to www.lifeskills.org and select “Request a New Account,” Chicago State University School Code: 00169400.
Student Access Code: 00169400-02 Click on “My Catalog” to see the available lessons.
Students must complete one lesson from the list of available lessons.
Chicago State University: Online Enrichment Workshops Instructions– Click Here
If you are experiencing technical issues with setting up your account for on-line
enrichment workshops, please call USA Funds customer support at (866) 722-1470
Dates to Remember:
- Awarding will begin May 19, 2014 and be completed by June 2, 2014
- One online enrichment workshop must be completed by: June 7, 2014
Should you have any questions regarding your Merit Scholarship you may contact: