The Office of Examinations assists students with University testing needs: Qualifying examinations, state and federal constitution exams, graduation requirement examinations.
Once accepted for admission to Chicago State University, all freshmen must take the university qualifying examinations in English, reading, and mathematics.
Transfer students who have not completed an Associate of Arts or an Associates of Science Degree must take the university qualifying examinations in English and reading.
1. Any student who transfers to Chicago State University with an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree;
2. Any student who transfers to Chicago State University without an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science Degree, but with 75 or more credit hours and has completed the Illinois General Education Core Curriculum GECC requirements before transferring;
3. Any student who transfers that demonstrates having passed the Illinois Certification Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) in basic skills prior to admission.
NOTE: However, this policy will not override the requirements any college, department, program, or major. Some courses list the passing of a qualifying examination as a prerequisite. Students are required to satisfy all prerequisites before registering for individual courses and thus may be required to take the qualifying examinations in some majors.
The testing lab is located in Douglas Hall room 119. The Office of Examinations is located in Cook Administration Building room 200.
Review the calendar to reserve your seat by clicking here
Walk-ins on scheduled test dates, except Saturdays, will be admitted between the hours of 9:30 am and 11:00 am as space, time and resources permit. Walk-ins on Saturdays will be admitted before 9:15 am as space, time and resources permit. Schedules and room assignments are subject to change.
Do I need to take the placement/qualifying examinations? Why?
- ACT, American College Testing Program
- College Board (AP, CLEP, SAT)
- Compass, reading and math placement assessment information
- GMAT, GRE, Educational Testing Service