To be efficient is to do things the right way…
To be effective is to do the right things…
It is ERS’s goals to do the right things, the right way, for the right reasons.
Welcome to Enrollment Related Services (ERS). Our ERS staff is dedicated to ensuring
students have access to a broad array of student services that assist them in achieving
their educational goals. Our commitment of a student-centric environment focuses on
meeting the needs of students and partnering with the University community to better
serve the CSU community through effective and efficient process improvements, data
analysis, and exceptional customer service and clear communications. We look forward
to the opportunity to work with you at Chicago State University.
Enrollment Related Services (ERS) mission is to provide quality enrollment-related
services and support to the University community and to support the development and
successful implementation of the University's enrollment management plan. We do so
through the following offices:
This office serves prospective undergraduate and graduate students and their families,
processes applications for admission from freshmen, transfer, graduate and international
students, evaluates transfer credit, and determines residency for fee purposes.
The Office of the Registrar provides services to faculty and students from the time
a student is admitted through "graduation and beyond." The office maintains and publishes
the campus schedule of course offerings each term, manages the registration and enrollment
processes each semester, and coordinates the publication of the online CSU Schedule
Bulletin. Registrar staff assists with all of the changes that occur during a student's
career including but not limited to changes of residency for fee-paying, school/major,
names, addresses, updates to enrollment status, and reinstatement of enrollment at
This office administers federal aid state financial aid programs and the University's
The departments work strategically and share resources to meet Enrollment Related
Services' overall goals. ERS is an active participant in incorporating the vision
and core values of Enrollment Management and the University which "fosters the intellectual
development and success of its student population through a rigorous, positive, and
transformative educational experience."
- Implement a One Stop Shop model within ERS to better coordinate and facilitate services
aimed at prospective and current students.
- Implement and fine tune the optical imaging system to replace reliance on paper records
in all facets of Enrollment Services and expedite enrollment-related services.
- Implement an online transcript request process in the Registrar's office to better
meet the needs of students.
- Provide support to Admissions in the development of a strategic outreach plan to increase
high ability, under-represented, traditional age and nonresident students which includes
extensive expansion out of state travel and territory management.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Academic Affairs to increase efforts aimed
at improving retention and graduation rates. These include increasing admission standards
as appropriate, offering extended hours of service and
- Work with the Office of Academic Affairs to enhance and create dual enrollment partnerships
with local high schools and community colleges.
- Enhance communication to students, through improved use of electronic messages, personalized
communication and continued professional development in customer service.
- In Financial Aid and Scholarships work together in awarding and monitoring both ACG
and SMART grants as federal regulations continue to evolve.
- Make any necessary changes to the Enrollment Management Plan, Enrollment Management
Committee, Enrollment Services' department mission statements, and enrollment management
processes ensuring alignment with– the strategic vision for the University.
- In collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs, fully implement scheduling software
for the effective scheduling of classroom space and course planning. Help establish
procedures, processes, and reports that assist in scheduling and optimizing classroom
- Work with the Admissions Criteria Review Committee and the Enrollment Management Committee
in determining enrollment goals for the upcoming academic year.
- Work with the Foundation and Colleges to explore the opportunities for further development
of unrestricted scholarship dollars.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and achievements of staff in Enrollment Services and
provide opportunities for professional development.
- Develop and produce new recruitment materials (print and electronic) which effectively
promote Chicago State University to our target market using consistent messaging and
- Respond to and serve the needs of international, undergraduate, and graduate prospective
students and applicants to promote the diversity of Chicago State University's student