The Programs offer a SIX-WEEK SUMMER INSTRUCTIONAL COMPONENT (SIC) and an ACADEMIC YEAR COMPONENT (AYC). During the SIC, students have an opportunity to reside on campus and they are immersed in an intensive thematic academic program of study.
During the AYC, the Upward Bound Programs conduct Saturday classes with a myriad of tutoring and counseling services offered on Saturday as well as after school during the week.
In both the SIC and AYC the following services are provided:
- Academic Instruction - college prep subjects
- Academic, Career & Personal Counseling
- Research Writing and Field Research
- ACT Test Preparation
- Assistance completing College Admissions Financial Aid application
- Fee Waivers
- College Tours
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
Students and parents must complete a Chicago State University’s Upward Bound application. Download Application or Contact Upward Bound 773-995-2566.