The program offers a SIX-WEEK SUMMER INSTRUCTIONAL COMPONENT (SIC) and an ACADEMIC
YEAR COMPONENT (AYC).
During the SIC, students are immersed in an intensive academic program of study which
includes classroom instruction, residence life experience, participation in co-curricular
activities, and an end of summer travel experience.
During the AYC, the Upward Bound Program conducts Saturday classes with a myriad of
tutoring and counseling services offered on Saturday as well as during the week after
In both the SIC and AYC the following services are provided:
- Academic Instruction (college prep)
- Academic, Career & Personal Counseling
- Research Writing and Field Research
- ACT Test Preparation
- Assistance with completing College Admissions/ Financial Aid applications
- Fee Waivers
- College Readiness Workshops
- College Tours
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
How Do I Apply?
Students and parents must complete a Chicago State University Upward Bound application.
Download Application or Contact Upward Bound at 773-995-2573.