In compliance with Illinois P.A. 95-764, and in an effort to educate the campus community
about sexual assault (including prevention and awareness of sex offenses, procedures
to follow if a sex offense occurs, procedures for on campus disciplinary action, possible
sanctions, and distribution), online resources and campus-sponsored awareness programs
are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Information about above policies,
procedures, services, and programs can be obtained from the Department of Student
Affairs, CSU Police Department and the Student Handbook. We have also hosted the Department
of Education’s training material Sexual Harassment: It’s Not Academic which covers
a host of scenarios, examples and FAQs.
If you, or someone you know, is a survivor of rape or sexual assault, the following
offices can assist in providing a private, safe and supportive space to talk, an opportunity
to understand options for on-campus and off-campus reporting procedures, and assist
in addressing other campus concerns for the survivor.
- University Police -phone: 773-995-2111
- Counseling Center - Cordell Reed Student Union, Suite 190 phone: 773-995-2383
- Office of the Dean of Students -Cordell Reed Student Union, Suite 268-A phone: 773-995-2448
- Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, free phone: 1-888-293-2080
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - www.rainn.org
- City of Chicago Domestic Violence Hotline - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, confidential, multilingual, LGBTQ sensitive, free.