The goal of the Chicago State University Police Department is to maintain a safe and
secure campus environment. Members of the Department are trained professionals who
present a uniformed presence while serving the University Community. In the course
of their duties they employ proactive measures to identify potential problems before
they occur, thereby increasing the ability to prevent the occurrence of more serious
The CSU Police Department fosters solid relationships with students, faculty, staff
and administrators in several ways:
- by being visible and approachable,
- by providing safety awareness programs on campus,
- by communicating with the surrounding communities about their safety issues,
- by exercising a high level of customer service, and
- by employing other outreach efforts designed to enrich the CSU experience.
The Chicago State University Police Department will work diligently, effectively and
cooperatively with other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, keeping
the safety of the campus community our highest priority. We will continue to serve
in a manner that is respectful to all and that reflects positively upon the University.