Processional begins promptly at 10:45 A.M.
Chicago State University - Emil and Patricia A. Jones Convocation Center
- As soon as possible see your Academic Advisor to assess your readiness to graduate
and complete your Graduation Application.
- Take your Advisor approved graduation application to the Bursar Office for review
of your University financial account.
- Once the Bursar has provided you with your account reconciliation see the cashiers
to pay any outstanding University financial obligations and to pay your graduation
application fee of $50.00 and the $35.00 Graduation Participation fee. Both the Bursar
and Cashier Offices are located in the Cook Administration Building Room 212.
- Take your Advisor approved graduation application to the Office of Evaluations located
in the Cook Administration Building Room 128 (See page 4 of the Commencement Bulletin)
Advisor approved applications must be submitted to the Office of Evaluations by the
October 3, 2014 deadline date in order to participate in the December 2014 Commencement
- Order your cap and gown via the online ordering website www.herffjones.com/college/chicagostate before the October 10, 2014 deadline. The site will no longer be accessible after
this date. After the deadline for online orders has passed you will be directed to
purchase your Commencement regalia at the Follett Bookstore. (The bookstore price
is higher than the online pricing.)
On November 1, 2014 check the Commencement website for the number of tickets that
will be distributed to each graduate. Tickets will be issued during Countdown only
to those Graduates who have paid the Commencement Participation Fee. (See page 11
of Commencement Bulletin.)
- Attend one of the dates of Commencement Countdown to pick up your tickets, cap and
gown, take graduation photos, and complete final University checkout. November 12th,
13th, or 15th. (See page 5 of Commencement Bulletin.)
- RSVP for Graduate Reception by November 15, 2014. (See Graduate Reception Invitation)
- Attend Graduate Reception on November 22, 2014. (See page 6 of the Commencement Bulletin.)
- Arrive at the Jones Convocation Center by 9:30 a.m. on Commencement Day, December
18, 2014. (See Commencement Day Instructions, or for detailed information review
the Commencement Bulletin.)