To be considered for admission to CSU–COP, a prospective student must do the following:
1. Complete, or be in the process of completing, a minimum of 62 semester hours of non-remedial, prerequisite coursework from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university. All pre-pharmacy coursework requirements must be completed by the end of the Spring semester prior to matriculation. The student must earn a grade of “C” or better in each prerequisite course. Note: If a student has completed coursework at a foreign college or university (excluding Canada), the student must provide acceptable proof of U.S. course/degree equivalency. The student must also complete at least 30 semester hours of his/her prerequisite coursework (including at least 15 semester hours in the sciences) at an accredited institution in the United States.
Pre-pharmacy Requirements (Chicago State University Only)
We require 4 semesters (6 quarters) of college coursework be completed prior to matriculation. Applicants must successfully complete ALL course prerequisites by the end of the Spring 2016 term.
|English (composition)||6 sem. hrs.||9 qtr. hrs.|
|General Biology for majors (minimum two semesters with laboratory)||8 sem. hrs.||12 qtr. hrs.|
|Anatomy (must include all systems with laboratory)||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|General Chemistry (minimum two semesters with laboratory)||8 sem. hrs.||12 qtr. hrs.|
|Organic Chemistry (minimum two semesters with laboratory)||8 sem. hrs.||12 qtr. hrs.|
|Physics (mechanics, thermodynamics, force, and motion must be included. May be non-calculus based) ||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|Calculus (integration and differentiation)||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|Speech (public speaking)||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|Economics (micro, macro, or general)||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|Statistics (must include probability testing, population statistics, and hypothesis testing up to simple regression)||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|General Psychology or Sociology||3 sem. hrs.||4 qtr. hrs.|
|Additional Coursework (divided among the social and behavioral sciences, humanities, fine arts, foreign language, business or computer sciences)||11 sem. hrs.||16 qtr. hrs.|
| TOTAL CREDIT HOURS || 62 sem. hrs.|| 89 qtr. hrs.|
2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale), a minimum pre-requisite GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) in the required pre-pharmacy course curriculum, a minimum pre-requisite science and math GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) in the required science and math pre-pharmacy course curriculum.
3. Submit scores from the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT). Students must take the PCAT no later than January 2017 for fall 2017 admission.
4. Reflect a people/service orientation through community service or extracurricular activities.
5. Reflect proper motivation for and commitment to the pharmacy profession as demonstrated by previous work, volunteer, or other life experiences.
6. Possess the oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with patients and colleagues.
7. Complete the CSU–COP on-campus interview process (by invitation only).