Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Community Health must first be accepted to the university and then apply for admission to the professional program. Admission to the Community Health Program may be made in fall, spring and summer.
*Students should apply for admission to the Community Health Program after the completion of 72 hours of prerequisite courses with includes both general education and Health Science core courses.
*Please see the Academic Catalog for specific course information.
In order to apply to the Community Health Professional Program, students must:
- Be admitted to the university.
- Complete 72 hours of prerequisite courses which includes general education and Health Science core courses.
- Complete and submit the Community Health Admissions Application to the Department of Health Studies.
- Submit an essay of about 500 words, typewritten, describing the factors that influenced your decision to enter the community/public health profession and your professional aspirations following completion of the program. Please type your essay on a separate sheet.
- Submit two completed recommendation forms from (one professional, one academic or both academic) in sealed envelopes. Recommendations from relatives are not accepted.