The College of Education (COE), which has held continuing national accreditation recognition
by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 1954,
provides global leadership in preparing education professionals by advancing:
- best practices in teaching that impact student learning
- knowledge through research and scholarship
- critical thinking
- service through outreach efforts
- To offer quality programs and services that prepare educational professionals (teachers,
counselors, diagnosticians, leaders, librarians, information specialists, leisure
personnel and others) to plan, organize, deliver, assess, support and supervise instruction.
- To prepare diverse populations who are intellectually and ethically informed individuals
with well-defined skills and knowledge who are capable leaders, creative thinkers,
and contributing citizens.