Students majoring in finance are expected to fulfill the following three assessment
- Capstone Analysis - a pre and post examination will be given in 4000 level finance courses. The
purpose of the examination is to assess student understanding of financial concepts,
ratios, and computations.
- Standardized Field Test Examination – all College of Business students must take a standardized field test examination
in business. This examination is given in MGMT 4890/ 389. The purpose of the examination
is to provide students with feedback on their mastery of general business concepts
compared to other senior business students. The students’ ability to analyze and solve
problems, understand relationships, and interpret material is also covered in the
- Senior Exit Interview - all graduating seniors are required to complete a senior exit interview questionnaire
as part of their application for graduation. The purpose of the questionnaire is to
learn the student’s perceptions regarding his or her academic experience at CSU. The
senior exit interview forms can be obtained from the department secretary.
- Senoir Thesis
Assessment results will be used to evaluate the quality of learning within the finance
program. The results will also be the basis for any future revisions in the curriculum.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 42 credit hours
- Composition 6 credit hours: ENG 1270/127/1230 and 1280/128/1240
- Foreign Language 6 credit hours: In a single foreign language.
- Humanities 12 credit hours: 3 hours in English (2790/279); 3 hours in CMAT (2030/203);
3 hours in Fine Arts; 3 hours in Diversity.
- Mathematics 3 credit hours: MATH 1200/162 (also satisfies the critical thinking requirement).
- Physical and Life Science 6 credit hours: 3 credit hours from biological sciences
and 3 credit hours from physical sciences. At least one course must be with a laboratory.
- Social Sciences 9 credit hours: ECON 1010/101, 1020/102, and one additional approved
Social Science course
BUSINESS CORE COURSES: 45 credit hours
- ACCT 2110/110, 2111/111, 2291/291
- FIN 2660/266
- INSY 1370/137
- MGMT 1030/103, 3010/249, 3020/251, 3240/224, 4850/358, 4890/389
- QBA 2000/200, 2010/201
- MKTG 3110/276
FINANCE MAJOR COURSES: 18 credit hours
- FIN 3630, 3660/ 366, 3680/ 368, 3690/ 369, 4700/ 370
- QBA 3310.
BUSINESS ELECTIVES: 9 credit hours
- FIN 3640/364, 3650/365, 3670/367, 3750/375, 3840, 4505
- ACCT 2120/ 212, 3213/ 213, 3293/ 293
- BLP 3207/ 207
- other 3000-level or 4000-level College of Business courses.
NON-BUSINESS ELECTIVES: 6 credit hours
- Econ 4010 - Econometrics
- 3 cr hrs Social Science.
MINOR IN FINANCE: 21 credit hours
Required Courses: 12 credit hours
- ACCT 2110/ 110, 2111/ 111
- FIN 2660/ 266;
- INSY 1370/ 137 or CPTR 1060/106
Elective Courses: 9 credit hours
- Select three 3000-level or 4000-level finance courses.Students must complete required
courses with a C or better.
Back to Finance Home