The Office of Engineering Studies at Chicago State University is pleased to announce the 2014 Pre-Freshman Program in Engineering and Science. The program is designed to make students aware, at an early age, of the professional opportunities in engineering and to convince students to take more math and science as a part of their academic course load. The six-week summer program will consist of educational, motivational, and recreational activities designed specifically to stimulate interest in math\science that will insure success in an engineering curriculum.
- The instructor will be responsible for instructing 6th through 12th grade program participants in communications and basic skills according to age groups. The instructor will teach five classes.
- The instructor will be required to instruct students in creative and technical writing, public speaking, and the correct usage of grammar. The teacher will also present students with conflict and assist them in developing resolutions. The teacher must be able to combine communications with basic skills.
- The instructor will be require to instruct students on how to develop a business plan.
- The teacher will take attendance each and everyday of the program.
- The teacher must write lesson plans and present them to the office before the start of the program. A class syllabus must be written and passed out on the first day of class.
- The teacher must be present and on time each and everyday of the program. (The instructor’s day will begin at 7:45 a.m.)
- All teachers are required to chaperone planned field trips.
- The teacher must attend the orientation and awards ceremony.
- The teacher must present academic awards at the awards ceremony.
- The teacher must attend 3 meetings throughout the summer to discuss program issues and concerns. (Meetings are typically held at 7:30 a.m. or 1:15 p.m.)
The 2014 Pre-Freshman Program in Engineering and Science will begin on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 and end on Friday, August 8, 2014. Hours of program operation are 7:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Salary: Commensurate with level of skills
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Office of Engineering Studies
Harold Washington Hall – Room 129
Chicago State University
9501 S. King Drive
Chicago, IL 60628-1598
Telephone Number (773) 995-2357
Fax Number (773) 995-4504