The JLD program is designed to assist currently enrolled undergraduate students with locating part-time or full-time jobs to aid in the development of basic employment skills and experiences. Jobs can be temporary or permanent and may vary in salary requirements.
For more information contact:
Mr. Christopher Williams
Minority Internship Director
The Minority Internship Program is designed specifically for full-time undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at Chicago State, Governors State, Northeastern Illinois, Eastern Illinois and Western Illinois Universities. The program is open to African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans (or Pacific Islanders), Native Americans and Alaskan Natives. Selection is competitive and applicants must follow application process.
- Obtain and read the brochure describing the Internship Program thoroughly before completing the application process. All responses should be typewritten.
- Write a 3-5 page , double spaced, typed essay and submit it with the completed application. In the essay, discuss your goals for the internship and comment on: Skills and talents that you have developed in volunteer, academic or work settings, and wish to continue to develop during the internship; areas of expertise you hope to develop; ways in which an internship experience will enhance your academic program; and plans for the future personal, academic and professional development.
- Ask three people to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. At least two of the people should be individuals who can evaluate your academic work.
- Arrange to have the most recent college and/or university transcripts submitted directly from the Registrar's Office.
- Submit an updated copy of your resume.