Which type of applicant are you?

There is a basic distinction between a degree-seeking and a non-degree seeking student. Please review each type of applicant distinctions below and follow the steps for the application that is most applicable to you.

As you get started with an application, please note a Social Security Number (SSN) is not required for admission. However, by providing it you will help us to match your application materials.  The Social Security Number is required if you are applying for federal financial aid (FAFSA). The University is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of student records and will not disclose your SSN without your consent for any purpose except as allowed by law.

Applicants who are currently in high school or have earned a high school diploma, or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or a home-schooled program and never attended college.
For more information about Freshman click HERE.

Transfer Students:
To be considered a transfer student, all post-secondary coursework must be completed at a regionally accredited institution of higher education with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
For more information about Transfer Students click HERE.
International Students:
International applicants are individuals who are a citizen or permanent resident of a country outside the United States.  Chicago State University is authorized under federal law to sponsor non immigrant alien students studying on an F-1 visa.
For more information about International Students click HERE.
Second Bachelor Students:
Prospective students who have earned a bachelor degree and wish to pursue a Second Bachelor degree falls under this category.
For more information about Second Bachelor Students click HERE.