In 2013, the University earned re-accreditation from HLC!
Following an extensive institution-wide preparation effort for its accreditation visit this past November, Dr. Wayne Watson, President of Chicago State University, proudly announced the reaccreditation of our university in June 2013. The entire HLC team extend heartfelt thanks to the CSU community for their support of this vital process. As a result of our efforts, Chicago State earned a full ten-year accreditation through the 2022-2023 academic year. To read more about this outstanding accomplishment, please read the press release.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) accreditation assures the public, students, faculty, and staff that our University meets stated HLC criteria. Accreditation signifies the certification of acceptable institutional quality and integrity, and it acknowledges that the institution has undergone rigorous internal and external evaluation. Accreditation is the official standing and affirmation that a university provides the quality of higher education that the general public has the right to expect and that the educational community recognizes.
There is a difference between institutional accreditation and program accreditation. Institutional accreditation looks at an institution in its entirety without making judgments about specific programs. Program accreditation is carried out by specific accrediting bodies that examine curricula and course content to evaluate the extent to which programs meet specific criteria.
See the links on the left for details about the many accredited programs in CSU colleges.
Faculty and staff should:
- Stay Informed: support the work of the University Accreditation Steering Committee (UASC).
- Join related sub-committees and taskforces.
- Participate in assessment and annual planning (PME) within your unit(s).
- Attend town hall meetings, ask questions and participate in campus discussions;
- Join Student Government and related committees; volunteer for campus initiatives and activities.
- Participate in department and university student clubs and organizations.
For further information, please contact the University Accreditation Steering Committee at email@example.com.