| Research Compliance Office (RCO)
The faculty, staff, employees, and students of Chicago State University are committed to following all of the applicable federal laws and university policies regarding research activity in the following areas:
- To protect human subjects in the course of conducting research at Chicago State University from undue risk or harm to the greatest degree possible,
- To conduct all research with integrity and to follow all assurances given with due care and diligence,
- To be good stewards of research grants and funds received by the university and all study personnel,
- To minimize any conflicts of interest that might unduly influence professional judgment,
- To uphold the Chicago State UniversityCode of Excellence in the course of all research activities
The Research Compliance Office (RCO) is located in HWH 330 and serves the Chicago State community as an institutional resource to uphold standards of Responsible Conduct in Research (RCR) in all research and research-related activities at CSU. Every year, the research compliance staff will conduct a random audit on approximately 10% of all CSU research investigators. As an internal audit, the Office of Research Compliance will check investigator files for consistency, adherence to protocol procedures, adequacy of informed consent documentation, and consistency with the files of the applicable regulatory committee at CSU. The Research Compliance Office intends to establish a data safety monitoring board (DSMB) to assist staff with internal investigations. Any discrepancies or inconsistencies in the data or procedures will be brought to the attention of the primary investigator (for discussion and possible remedy) as well as to the appropriate regulatory committee. The formulation of a corrective action plan will be developed on a case by case basis as needed in conjunction with the Chair of the appropriate regulatory committee and the appropriate academic administrator.
The Research Compliance Office is currently developing several modifications and improvements to its operations. Further information will be added to this site when it becomes available.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Rachel Lindsey
Research Compliance Office
Chicago State University
9501 South King Drive
Chicago, IL. 60628