The Learning Assistance Center is provided to assist you in achieving academic success through supportive tutoring and resources. All services are provided free of charge to currently enrolled students at Chicago State University.
Basically, anytime you need assistance with your courses, the Learning Assistance Center should be the first place you stop. The staff of the LAC will be able to provide drop-in and scheduled tutoring sessions in many different areas, direct you to additional campus resources, and provide access to needed materials and technology.
Examples of the services provided to you through the Learning Assistance Center include:
- Tutoring in a variety of content areas
- Facilitation of study hall hours
- Providing referrals for study skills and other academic workshops
- Computer support with applications such as Moodle, Word, Excel, and LiveText
- Coordination of informal study groups – helping partner students with other students
- Proctoring of exams for online (by appointment only)
- One-on-one research support and instruction
- Technological and media support for academic assistance in math, writing, foreign languages, etc.