INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS & RESEARCH (IER)
Staff Meeting Minutes May 31, 2013
3:30 p.m.-Room 315 ADM
Meeting called to order by Dr. Latrice Eggleston at 3:37 p.m.
* A. Patawaran, Undergraduate Research Assistant, officially returned to work as of May 15, 2013.
* Update to IER Reporting Calendar
New items have been added to the IER Reporting Calendar. The items included on the Reporting Calendar are the traditional Federal and State University Reports and Surveys.
- L. Eggleston requested that all data requests be pulled at least twice a week.
* Request for Vacation
- Dr. Eggleston-July 15-19, 2013
- N. Sanders-July 23-26, 2013
Current/ New Projects
* Black Male College Student Success (BMCS) Project
* Update Banner Cohorts
- The first round of transcripts has been completed.
- T. Hampton has a video recording that will need to be transcribed.
- N. Sanders stated that Valerie Booth can assist with participants for the BMSC project.
* AIR Presentations
- This report will be up to date by July 1, 2013.
- There are still some remaining issues regarding the financial aid portion of this report.
- Dr. Eggleston stated that she is working with Gary Wolfe in the Financial Aid office to correct the problem.
- N. Sanders requested that the Human Resource office complete their portion of the report.
- Dr. Eggleston congratulated the team for a job well done at the AIR Conference. She requested that all of the presentations be added to the IER website.
* Conference Call for Proposals
Dr. Eggleston reminded the IER staff of upcoming deadlines for submitting proposals to the following organizations.
T. Hampton should add the following items to the IER website:
- AERA (May 8, 2013)
- HACU (April 29, 2013)
- A proposal was sent to this organization and the IRB form has been completed.
- Website Updates - Dr. Potlori and A. Patawaran needs to submit their bio’s for the IER website.
Business Office Matters
- AIR Presentations
- Pictures from the conference
- Meeting minutes and agendas
- Performance Evaluations
- Dr. Eggleston requested all staff members to complete a self-evaluation of work performance. After the self-evaluation has been completed Drs. Hines and Eggleston will schedule individual appointments with each staff member to complete the performance evaluation.
- The self-evaluation should be completed June 5-7, 2013.
IER Round Robbin
- New fiscal year begins July 1, 2013.
- Benefits Choice deadline is today, May 31, 2013.
- Dr. Eggleston requested all staff members to submit an office supply list to A. Terry.<
- Dr. Hines thanked his staff for a successful and productive academic year. He will be scheduling a half day retreat to set goals for FY 14.
- The College America report will be completed soon.
- He would like to infuse more technology in the department through a digital library.
- A. Terry should complete the IRB request for the Hispanic College Success Project.
- Fernando Diaz will be asked to complete the CITI Training.
- Poster for the Black Male College Success Project has been accepted for the National Symposium on Student Retention Conference to be held November 4-6, 2013 in San Diego, CA.
Meeting Adjourned at 4:34 p.m.