Chicago State University

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the First Year Experience?

The First Year Experience provides resources and support that are needed to succeed in college. FYE was created to facilitate a positive transition to CSU through programs to enhance student success inside and outside of the classroom.

Can I speak to a counselor about scheduling classes, changing my major or for academic advising?

If you have any questions about scheduling classes or changing your major, contact your FYE advisor for assistance.

How do I set up an appointment with my FYE advisor?

  • Call 773.995.4510
  • Visit 158 Cordell Reed Student Union Building

When does registration start for the fall semester?

Registration for FYE students starts in April. Please contact your advisor for an appointment at 773.995-4510.

Who do I contact if I have questions about Financial Aid?

Please contact CSU's Financial Aid Office at 773.995.2304 or visit the office located on the 2nd Floor of the Cook Administration Building.


Who should I speak to if I have a questions about living on campus?

You will have to contact Residence Life directly by calling 773.995.3676.