The Department of Information Studies offers the following two master’s degree programs:
- Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS)
- Master of Science in Technology and Education (MSTE)
The department also offers the following post-baccalaureate certificates/endorsements:
- Library Information Specialist Endorsement
- Certificates in Urban Informatics and Learning
- Information Technology
- Telecommunications Management
All Information Studies programs have been redesigned to reflect Chicago State University’s urban mission: to empower librarians, information professionals and educators in transforming their urban constituencies into globally networked hubs of the knowledge society.
New concentrations in Information Studies (IS) curricula prepare IS graduates to work in school, public, academic and special librarians, or archives and special collections and records management. Special competencies and skill sets of IS graduates will include telecommunications management, and urban informatics.